Erin O’Kane Allen
Mrs. O'Kane Allen attended the University of Southern California (B.A. Communication) and Whittier Law School (J.D.). While at the University of Southern California, Mrs. O'Kane Allen was granted lifetime membership in the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. She was also a member of the Women’s Swim Team.
While at Whittier Law School, Mrs. O’Kane Allen was a fellow in the Intellectual Property Certificate Program and was a Senior Member of the Whittier Journal of Child and Family Advocacy. She also served as President of the Intellectual Property Society and was an active member of the Entertainment and Sports Law Society.
Mrs. O’Kane Allen has been exposed to the field of third-party reproduction and family formation for most of her life due to her mother’s career in this area. She is very familiar with the struggles involved when facing infertility.
Mrs. O'Kane Allen began working as an Associate Attorney in this field in 2010 and opened her own law firm practicing Third Party Reproduction and Family Formation law in 2011. She practices exclusively in this area.
The Law Office of Erin C. O'Kane, Esq. practices exclusively in the areas of Third Party Reproduction and Family Formation. We have experience in drafting, negotiating, and finalizing Surrogacy Agreements, Egg Donation Agreements, Sperm Donation Agreements and Embryo Donation Agreements. We also draft and file the documents necessary for the Establishment of Parental Rights.
Areas Of Practice
- Surrogacy Law
- Egg Donation
- Sperm Donation
- Embryo Donation
- Establishment of Parental Rights
- California, 2008
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2008
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California
- J.D. - 2008
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 2004
- Honors: National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Women's Varsity Swimming
- Major: Communication
- Minor: Law and Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Family Law Section Member, Present
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section Member, Present
- American Bar Association, Assisted Reproductive Technologies Committee Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member, Present
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Doctoral Member, Legal Professionals Group, Present
- The Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys, ART Fellow, Present
- Entertainment and Sports Law Society, Whittier Law School
- Intellectual Property Society, President, Whittier Law School
Past Employment Positions
- Erickson Law, Associate Attorney, 2010 to 2011