Reproductive Rights Lawyer For Intended Parents
Becoming a parent is one of the most significant and rewarding steps in life. Advances in modern medicine and technology now offer many reproductive options for single adults, same-sex couples and those unable to naturally conceive.
Pursuing these options involves legal considerations. I am Erin O’Kane Allen, a reproductive rights lawyer for intended parents. I devote my legal career solely to California reproductive law — a niche and evolving field. This means I have the focused background necessary for avoiding the many legal pitfalls and entanglements that could otherwise arise.
Are you a prospective parent residing out-of-state or abroad? California’s favorable reproduction laws make it an ideal state to pursue your reproductive options. As a California-licensed attorney, I offer guidance for domestic and international clients seeking local legal counsel.
Making Your Dream Of Parenthood A Reality
My experience representing intended parents encompasses the vast array of legal issues that can arise on the road to making your dreams a reality. For example, I answer questions and offer knowledgeable guidance on:
- Parental rights: Establishing your parental rights begins before the child is born. This process requires detailed steps and precise timing.
- Embryo donation: For some prospective parents, embryo donation is an ideal way to start a family.
- Same-sex parenthood: Legal considerations can complicate reproductive options for prospective same-sex parents. I can help you pursue your dream of starting a family — the right way.
- Single parenthood: I routinely guide single prospective parents through all legal aspects of starting a family with the help of assistive reproductive technologies.
- Medical evaluations: I can help connect you to medical professionals needed to evaluate the proposed donor or surrogate.
Because ethics are a high priority, I represent only intended parents or surrogates/donors — never both. You can trust that my loyalty won’t be divided. On the contrary, your interests and objectives will be my guiding framework.